Monday, November 30, 2009


Aura – Laurel Point Inn. Victoria BC Canada



The Point Burger. Alberta beef, aged white cheddar, caramelized inions, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and a house made bun.

This is a big burger, voted best in Victoria. Best burger I’ve had in Victoria so far, but always looking for better. This burger is all about the bun. Home made and outstanding. Great flavour, nice dripping juices. I’ll give this burger 8.5-9/10. Were those canned mushrooms? Demerits for what looked and tasted like a prefabricated frozen paddy.

Get rid of the canned mushrooms, make your own juicy paddy. Cook it med-rare with just a ting of pink in the middle and you’ve got a truly perfect burger. So close and yet…

I’m going back for the lamb burger on the menu.

Check them out at: http://www.laurelpoint.com/dining

4 comments:

  1. they're wild bc mushrooms, or at least they were
    patty is prefab from centennial food services, definitely not frozen. Actually better quality beef than what a lot of restaurants in town that make their own patties provide.

    still my fave in Victoria, but I have high hopes for glendale gardens and the edge in sooke.

    thanks for hipping me to your blog,

    Donald: Victoria Burger Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I've added the edge and glendale to my must visit list next time I'm in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah I think you'd like glendale because they use the same meat supplier as canoe, and the kitchen is actually run by two former canoeites. they use focaccia bread for the bun... but I still have high hopes.

    I'm sure you know the edge story, but if not it's a dude from Sooke Harbour House. Burger only available at lunch between apx 11-2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glendale? nice, where is that? I wanna try it!

    ReplyDelete