Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Red Robin. Maple Ridge Canada

Red Robin. Maple Ridge. BC.
A long day working, 5PM, I find myself in Maple Ridge, hungry and a few hours until my next appointment.
Not familiar with any great burger places in Maple Ridge I stroll into Red Robin. I haven’t been to Red Robin (RR) in years. It definitely brought back memoires from many years ago during my university years when RR was a weekly hangout. It doesn’t look like much has changed. I remember the burgers being pretty good and they still are. For a chain joint, RR makes really good burgers….way over average anyway. I had the Guacamole Bacon Burger - Zesty guacamole and three strips of hickory-smoked bacon with melted Swiss cheese, onions, lettuce, tomatoes & mayo. This burger is a solid 8/10. Everything is fresh, everything tastes good, the patty was surprising well cooked, not overdone, but the guace comes out of a can, the bun has this wonder bread texture, like it can stay fresh a for a year and the whole thing sort of startles that line between a gourmet burger and fast food. All in all it works and they deliver a perfectly decent burger.


BTW, can anyone recommend a great burger place in Maple Ridge? So far RR is the best I’ve tried in this part of the world and that’s a sad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment