Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Browns Social House. Port Moody BC

I can’t believe I haven’t been to Brown’s in almost a year and a half. The last time was at their Richmond restaurant and I had the Kobe Burger which was really good I gave it a 9/10. So it wasn’t that I haven’t been back because of bad burgers but, really, so many burgers so little time.



This time I find myself at the Port Moody location. The Kobe burger is on the menu but I decide to expand experiences and pick the Mushroom melt BURGER housemade cheese sauce I add bacon. Look at this burger it looks awesome. It arrives at the table in its own little paper sac. Subconsciously I’m excited about this paper sac. Subconsciously I’m thinking wow this is going to be so juicy so drippy so succulent that the only way the restaurant can morally and ethically deliver this burger to me is in a paper sac.


Billed as Two Handed Burgers, I grab the burger both hands and dig in. First bite and I’m bewildered, the juicy, greasy, cheesy explosion is there but buried in its presence a dried crumbly chunk of ground meat. So very disappointing, so much potential killed by an overdone tasteless piece of cardboard beef. Still overall, based on the creamy cheese sauce, the tasty mushrooms and soft bun I bestow upon this burger a disappointing 7.5/10.


If I could only replace this patty with a Kobe patty I had last time and I’ve got myself an absolutely killer burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment