Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Five Guys Burger and Fries West Vancouver. Canada


 
Five Guys Burger and Fries is widely advertized as president Obama's favorite burger joint. CSpan did a piece on him visiting the outlet in Washington DC with secret service in tow. I imagine not too many of the chains customers usually arrive in a limo.

Started by 5 brothers in the 80's, five guys now boasts over 1500 locations. I guess they've finally made it to Canada. Is it just me or are there just a slew of chain burger places popping up everywhere? By the way I still haven’t had a Fatburger. Am I missing anything?

Five guys makes a pretty good burger. Everything on the burger is fresh. The patties are small (3.5 oz) so naturally you have to go with the double burger. Rule of thumb, anything under 6 oz and its an automatic double. I find the meat gets lost otherwise.

I’ll give it an 8/10 for this burger. There was lots of plastic cheese. I added what turned out to be glow in the dark green jalapeño peppers. The sign over the grill said: “We cook our meat juicy and well done”. How the hell does that work? One of my patties had a bit of pink in the middle and that's how I prefer my burger medium and juicy. But I guess with all the mustard, mayo and plastic cheese there is some juice.

I'm not going to slag Five Guys too much, after all this was a good burger, but the place still feels fast food like.

The fries were great, fresh cut, specially grown for the chain. They remind me of New York Fries outlets, just a bit thicker but with that same meaty potato and heavy dark tasting skin.

I'll be back when I'm in in a hurry and want a quick good burger.



No comments:

Post a Comment