Thursday, September 15, 2011

Craig St. Brew Pub. Duncan BC

The Craig Street Brew Pub is next door to Just Jakes on Craig St. in Duncan. How’s that for name creativity?



Both establishments are really the same place the same owners the same kitchen. I’ve had the Craig St. Burger last Xmas, it was good. This time I thought I’d try the


RED HOT & BLEU BURGER House made beef burger, basted in spicy red hot sauce and topped with crumbled bleu cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo


Sadly, I did not like this burger, call this burger confusing. I’ve decided that spicy red hot sauce and blue cheese belongs on chicken wings not burgers. The red sauce was to acidic for the beef, the blue cheese both lost and over powering. Yes that makes sense.

 
This burger is as 4/10 brown bun disaster. It certainly did not live up to the “good choice” comment from the server when he placed the burger in front of me. He has bad taste or was just kissing my ass I can’t decide.



To be fair, given the quality of the Craig St. Burger I think this is just a matter of taste and not an indication of the overall quality of the establishment. A third visit down the road may be required to get a handle on that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment