Saturday, September 17, 2011

Rhubarb. Heathrow Terminal 3, London UK

Rhubarb’s beef burger


Flame grilled burger, tomato, lettuce, dill pickles and crisp lettuce on a toasted brioche bun with chunky chips




I’m a bit surprised by the quality of airport burgers, at least at Heathrow. Last year it was the Bridge, Terminal 1, this year Rhubarb, Terminal 3. To be fair my expectations are not high. I’m usually beat from travel and on an extensive layover or in this case a 6 hour delay, so a burger and fries is just the feel good food that I need and as long as they don’t totally screw things up I’m happy.

And I was happy at Rhubarb easily a 6.5-7/10. I’ve had many worst burgers at establishments claiming “great burgers”. Sure the patty was overdone but it’s most likely pre-frozen and I guess you don’t want an international e-coli incident. Everything else was good burger 101. My flight delay was made just that much easier. The Spitfire helped as well.


BTW, nice plating with the fries, if I had a restaurant here in Vancouver, I’d defiantely borrow the idea. Just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment