Saturday, March 19, 2011

Romer's Burger Bar, Vancouver BC Canada

I was at Romer's last September and had a great burger, check out my review. I'm back with Dan a friend of mine for a casual B & B lunch (burger & beer). This is only my second time at Romer's, I’m not in Kits too often, but I really like this place. I like the feel. I like the flat screens. I like the taps and I like the burgers.


Both Dan and I had the THE ULTIMATE KOBE CLASSIC


Premium Kobe beef, horseradish jack, chanterelle mushrooms, onion strings, truffle mayo, organic watercress, garlic mustard, robust red wine demi-glaze on the side



Dan gave the burger a 9/10 and I have to concur, everything comes together. Everything works, but then, how could it not, look at the ingredients. Quality ingredients with soul and bang you got a fantastic burger.




I asked Dan what it would take to give the burger a perfect 10/10 score and his answer was simple; add an avocado. A surprising answer but after some thought I think I can get on that boat. BTW, while we are on the avocado topic, if you want a burger with a killer avocado check out the Fat Elvis burger at the Sunshine Diner on Broadway and Chef Big D’s in Squamish.


Adding avocado is a good suggestion but for me a 10/10 could be achieved by increasing the size of the patty. There were bites of this burger that were sublime and then sadly bits with little to no meat that was just a bit of a let down. Or perhaps, if there was ever a “double patty” option, Oh boy! That would be outstanding. Hello Mr. Romer, call me when the double patty option is available! I'll be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment