Sunday, March 18, 2012

John's Place, Victoria BC

I went in for the burger walked out with a loaf of bread.



Forget about the burger, it’s good, the home made bread served free of charge with your meal is truly outstanding. Mine was still warm, the soft butter melted delicately in the hot air pockets and the salty crest pops with flavour. Wow, I bought a loaf, my car smelled like a bakery for the rest of the day.


And speaking of the rest of the day I was burping up beefy garlic flavour all day long. OK, back to the burger. I had the:






JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE BURGER … An 8 oz. homemade ground beef sirloin patty stuffed with Blue Cheese, grilled and topped with crispy fried onions. Served on a kaiser with leaf lettuce, sliced tomato and our own Blue Cheese dressing.






The patty was tasty albeit meatloafy (they must have thrown in a bit extra on the garlic powder) and the blue cheese melted like butter added great taste and aroma. This is a very good burger let's say 8.5/10.






Next time I'll try the Triple D Burger, but really I'll be going back just for the bread.






Expect John’s Place to be packed, the seating is almost family style, very tight, this is a very busy place. And BTW, I was really trying not to pay too much attention to the conversation next to me ( there's 3 inches between tables) but when you here " I like Jake the best out of all of my boyfriends" I just couldn't help myself. Oh well it was a tasty and entertaining lunch. And in case you are wondering, no I never did learn what it was that Jake had that made him so much more desirable then all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment