Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Uli's Restaurant, White Rock

Back to Uli's Restaurant on Marine Drive in White Rock, the home of Surreys Best Burger, according to Surrey Now Newspaper. Me, I scratching my head a bit on this one.


On one hand, I personally have not had a better burger in the valley to date although to be fair my experience here is a bit limited. So ok, best burger for Surrey.

On the other hand, I’m not all that excited about their latest offering. I chose the Uli's burger 2.0.

It sounds great; 30 day aged sirloin, candied shallots, garlic aioli.



But then, so much potential leads to greater than usual disappointment. I ordered my burger medium rare (they actually allowed me to order it this way! Huge huge kudos).


And so this is where the excitement begins, the anticipation of a juicy flavorful burger. I was unfortunately let down when the burger arrived cooked through. Not a smign of pink in the middle.

I was deflated.


And once deflated it’s pretty much game over. A comeback unlikely.


The patty was somewhat juicy, somewhat tasty the bun somewhat hard and stale.



Let's call this the somewhat disappointment burger and give it a 6/10.



I must have been there on a bad day for the chef. The last burger I had at Uli’s was far better.



Good onion rings in case you're wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment