Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Minnoz Restaurant, Nanaimo BC Canada

This was a nice surprise. I almost didn’t order the burger. I’ve had a number of mediocre to bad meals at Minnoz in the past, but it was pissing rain outside it looked miserable and I just didn’t feel like going anywhere. Once again stuck in the hotel restaurant.


The menu says fresh homemade patty but the server told me it was frozen. That’s why I almost didn’t order the burger. I ordered reluctantly and excepted the average generic crap to arrive. I was wrong. This burger, frozen patty and all was very very good. Out of good conscience I can not possibly rate any burger over a 7.5/10 if the patty is frozen no matter how good it its. And this one was good, so much potential. This could easily have been a 9, instead a 7.5 dressed as a nine. (My apologies to Trooper).


Fantastic soft pretzel bun (the menu said Kaiser), the onions and the bacon melded beautifully, great flavours great juices, and then, unfortunately, the rubber, tasteless, salty burger product for a patty. Uhg, so close.


It’s a sad fact but this frozen pseudo burger is the best burger I’ve had in Nanaimo. Really? Can someone please point me in the right direction? Nanaimo deserves better.

No comments:

Post a Comment